The “burrrr”-y month of December is here. A chill has inhabited the air. Nature is moving within itself, cuddling down for a slow winter’s nap. It is a perfect time of year to work with the energies of nature and go within, within ourselves.
Ahh, the approach of Winter…
Approaching the end of the calendar year is always a great time to evaluate things. I like to take time to look back, and look ahead a little. Then, bring it all back to this moment, to the now. Take stock. Just like you do the cupboards when you make sure you have everything you need for the Winter, and the coming year.
What do you love? Are you doing what you love? Making time for what you love? What works? What doesn’t work in your life? What fulfills you? What doesn’t fulfill you? What in your life fits with your true will and your calling? What does not? What no longer serves? What makes you…you know…”you”? Or as much “you” as you can be anyway.
The best part of this process is gratitude. Finding and having gratitude for all the lessons, big and small, that have come along your path, making you into the wonderful and magickal being you are today. You would not be who you are today without where you have been. Then take a step, any step…a small step even…a baby step even…toward the life you want – Dream Your Life! If I can do it, you can too, believe me.
Sometimes you just have to pause a moment, rest, and look at what you have created…and enjoy the moment. Pour yourself a cup of coffee, or tea, or eggnog, or spirits, or whatever does it for you on a cold late autumn day. Take a sip… pull out your journal… write a list of the gifts and blessings in your life, and all of the wonderful things you have accomplished. Savor it. These are the fabulous fruits of your labor.
The last year and a half for me has been filled with much wild wooliness and with many amazing firsts! What an incredible journey! A few highlights from this year or so are:
- Created and launched Spirit’s Edge – July 2012 (check out http://www.spiritsedge.org)
- Created and launched the Spirit’s Edge: A Seeker’s Salon Facebook Group – Aug. 2012 (check out https://www.facebook.com/groups/143014982512092/)
- Held the first Spirit’s Edge: A Seeker’s Salon Public Ritual – we have them for every sabbat! – Sept. 2012
- Started our first Spirit’s Edge newsletter – Oct. 2012 (goes out monthly – to join our distribution list, email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Started teaching metaphysical classes at The Center for Mind, Body & Spirit – Oct. 2012
- Graduated from the Temple of Witchcraft Mystery School – Dec. 2012
- Started my first blog – sheamorgan.wordpress.com – Nov. 2012
- Created LLCs for Spirit’s Edge and for my consulting/life coach business – Dec. 2012 – (not using them officially yet, but hey, they’re set up, right? ; )
Created and launched the Spirit’s Edge website – www.spiritsedge.org – Dec. 2012 – since updated in two major rounds of updates, including Dec. 2013
- Created Spirit’s Edge: The Witch’s Croft, my new magickal teaching space for Witchcraft classes – Jan. 2013
- Proofreading Coordinator, coordinated all proofreading comments for a book for the first time – The Mighty Dead by Christopher Penczak – Jan. 2013 – (before that I’d just proofed, such as for The Feast of the Morrighan)
- Ordained as a Minister (ULC) – February 2013
- Magickal Space-Warming for The Witch’s Croft and my very first class in my new space – March & April 2013
- Michael Harner Foundation for Shamanic Studies – my first weekend intensive with them – April 2013
- My first official don Miguel Ruiz & family work – Seven Week Intensive – April-May 2013
- First public ritual in The Witch’s Croft for the Rite of Hecate – May 2013
- Signed up for the Martha Beck Life Coach Training – May 2013
- Spirit’s Edge: A Seeker’s Salon’s first Opening and Closing Rituals at Pagan Picnic – June 2013
- First time teaching two workshops at Pagan Picnic – June 2013
…Gotta mention here, what a gift the Pagan Picnic is to our community! I have met the most amazing friends and teachers there through the years, taught my very first workshop there for the Temple in 2011 and had the honor of creating the inaugural Temple of Witchcraft booth in 2011 and managed it for three years. Now we’ll be busy launching our own booth for Spirit’s Edge! Through that experience, everyone involved with the Picnic , has been incredible – they all do such an incredible service to/for our community!…
- Began conceptual work on the first Spirit’s Edge Booth for Pagan Picnic 2014 – June 2013 (check us out at https://www.facebook.com/events/616967271678867/?ref=br_tf)
- Designed and announced my first Witchcraft I and II in person Apprenticeships – June 2013
- Started my new public policy gig advocating for long term care consumers – Aug. 2013
- Journeyed on the Temple of Witchcraft Pilgrimage to Wales – Aug. 2013
- First Anniversary Celebration for Spirit’s Edge: A Seeker’s Salon and new updates to the group – Sept. 2013
- Started my Martha Beck Life Coach Training – Sept. 2013
- Bought and learned to use my first video camera ever (creating the video for the new online apprenticeships…next step? learning to use the video editing software I bought ; ) – Sept. 2013
- Announced our very first Spirit’s Edge booth for the 2014 Pagan Picnic! Woo hoo!– Sept. 2013 (check us out at https://www.facebook.com/events/616967271678867/?ref=br_tf)
- Bought my very first laptop ever – (and for those of you who know about my computer, Alfred, his smoking jacket and hat, you know what a big deal this is ; ) – Oct. 2013
- Michael Harner Foundation for Shamanic Studies Two Week Shamanic Healing Intensive – Oct. 2013
- Launched the Spirit’s Edge Mystery School – Woo hoo! – Oct. 2013
- Created/re-created the Witch’s, Shamans, Mages & Pagan Community Meetup – Nov. 2013 (check us out at http://www.meetup.com/pagancommunity/)
- Completed my solitary intensive seminary/Witchcraft 5 work – Whew!…er, um, woo hoo! 🙂 – Nov. 2013
- Started the very first classes in the Spirit’s Edge Mystery School for the Witchcraft I & II Apprenticeships – Nov. 2013
- Created Dream Your Life – my Life Coaching business – Nov. 2013 – with official announcement – Dec. 2013
- Announced the very first online/video class of the Mystery School starting March 1, 2014 – Woo hoo! – Dec. 2014 (check us out at https://www.facebook.com/events/332649296875077/?ref=br_tf)
And so many other amazing gifts and blessings too numerous to mention!
Definitely a busy year or so! And all of that while having three surgeries! Wow, just imagine what will happen this next year?…
All my thanks and gratitude to all of my friends for their unwavering support and belief in the dream. I could not have done any of this without you or my fabulous Mom and Dad!
If I can do it, you can too!
Dream Your Life…and the rest will fall into place!
Much Love & Many Blessings,